Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My very adorable boyfriend

Spending time together, does bring you closer in more ways than one. I don’t mean, the usual together-time, you know the lingering over coffees, or wine and candle light dinners etc. I mean living together. I mean waking up next to each other in the morning kind of togetherness.

So going on a trip with the love of my life, opened doors to more discovery than one! I of course discovered that life would lose its essence without him. But I also acquainted myself with his very many quirks!! And believe me, had it been anybody else I would have been screaming my head off! But with him, it was just mighty adorable.

Like, the other night, we are all cuddled up in front of this absolutely romantic fireplace, sipping chilled wine, me huddling closer to him – partly because of the cold and partly because I just wanted to… He wanted to cuddle up with me and watch a stand up comedy by (admittedly a brilliant guy) Russel Peters! I just couldn’t say no! Not because I didn’t want to dishearten him. I know had I just said, that I didn’t want to, he would be content just holding me and well.. filling up the silence! But I couldn’t say no because for him watching one of his favourite stand up comedians cuddled up with me, was a part of being together!! He is just so passionate about his rib tickles that it is infectious! I mean if he can wait outside a loo, holding on the my pink jacket in broad daylight, just because I need him around and crowds scare me - watching Russel Peters on a romantic night with him is a treat!


I have these bursts of affections, which gush out unannounced. And I so must express them then and there. So while he was in the midst of telling me about the history and magnificence of Russel Peter ( I must point out that I was very interested in the info being parted to me) I suddenly realised that I loved him more than I ever thought was possible. And guess what? He just had to know!! So while he is talking, with one arm around my shoulders and animation making his eyes come alive. I inch closer to him and look straight at him and say, “I love you!” The conversation proceeds uninterrupted. He finishes in about three minutes and then turns to me, “ … and by the way, I heard that. I love you too!” and gives me the most adorable peck on the cheek. (*sigh! Blush*)


He hates his space being interrupted (and trust me there is no space in his life which I haven’t already peeked into or barged in upon :l). While he does not mind me picking his phone calls once in a while, keeping my stoles in the same shelf as his shirts, putting my golden sandals next to his austere black shoes on the shoe rack, making my M&Bs at home amidst his more heavier ‘Shadows of the mind’ and ‘the G.O.D experiments’ on the book shelf… there is something he does mind. He positively hates it if I have to have my finger anywhere close to the mousepad of the laptop, while he is using it!! I do that often just to exasperate him and his sheer helpless expression reserved for this moment melts my heart…

27 comments:

being purple... said...

It isnt imagination. This is *real*.

debasish.. said...

well... fiction or non-fiction..i dunno ;)

But its too gud. Nice post !

d SINNER!!! said...

woah...love is in the air...

gunj said...

i love it!!!
i wanna b in love all over again aftr reading dat!! :)

marvin the paranoid android said...

well well... i can imagine... and believe me, all my sympathies rest with him....

Scribblers Inc said...

luv shmuv...

scribblers inc.

♥bμşγ-ŵŗϊŧēŕ♥ said...

*dreamy sigh* it must be a crime to write something so terribly, so cutely mushy and so beautiful! ;)

very un-complicated, very real, with a great flow!

if this was fiction, hail you.
if this is real, i envy you! :P
hehe! :)

Sutta said...

Is this like really written to make us jealous? I mean "real" jealous?
Sigh!

Solitaire said...

Such a cute post!

ray said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Wild Imagination’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Psychedelic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Psychedelic said...

Reading your post made me so nostalgic that I couldnt help myself but imagine bein cuddled up with my ex.. but.. *sigh*
hope your love stays forever... never let it go..:)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ being purple

sooooooooo very *Real*

;)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ debashish

Thanks!!

ummm.. I'll confess this one is non-fiction :P

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ d sinner

It sure looks like it :O

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ gunj

Please do... it would be fun to have you on the band wagon

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ marvin

:p

I am not sure he quite sympathises with himself

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ scribblers inc.

luv shmuv indeed :)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ busy writer

Ummm.. I think u shud envy me :O

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ Sutta

nope. nada. no such intentions.. was just too happy to keep it to myself!

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ solitaire

Thanks

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ ray

thanks and will consider your option

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ psychedelic

Touch wood!Thanks

Gypsy said...

"if he can wait outside a loo, holding on the my pink jacket in broad daylight, just because I need him around and crowds scare me - watching Russel Peters on a romantic night with him is a treat!"

aaahhh!! loved those lines... just hope i remember to be this considerate with my guy.. Lord knows he deserves it!!

another good one, Beauty! :D

Just PK said...

gives me such a feeling of Deja Vu, i totally know the feeling, as i have been there...and guess what - it only increases...i wonder why people say with time it fades away - listen to me - from what i have experienced and see - it will only multiply :) have a ball...this time is urs...

J said...

Your very adorable boyfriend sure has a very adorable girlfriend.

ScarletTd1ar1es said...

lol. that is so cool. :P