Friday, May 30, 2008

Quirks of Fate

One wicked nut very sweetly tagged this blog, so it was only natural that I drag Marvin into this. So here goes:

Six quirks that can make the beauty a beast!!

Six quirks that make Marvin ever so special!


B &B :When a conversation (especially a business meeting) threatens to be particularly boring. I zone out , mentally.and in my minds eye I sketch out a caricature of the most annoying person present. And smile. Often people mistake me for being daft for smiling at nothing!

M :I do not, repeat DO NOT lend my bike to anyone... In a dire emergency I had to give it to a friend of mine... And it pained... But never after that...




B&B: I am obsessed with Detective Inspector John Rebus, from the Ian Rankin novels. And my favourite pass time is thinking of ways to impress him, had he existed in real life! He is the imaginary friend I often turn to, when I am feeling really really at outs with the world

M :I can break into laughter in the middle of the most serious conversation... just because my mind thinks up something on a tangent which might be very funny to me... and most of the times, my imagination involves visualising something outrageously funny inspired by the serious words of the person in front...





B&B :I thrive on gossip. Even if it has nothing to do with me whatsoever, I love listening to the very real stories (of course all trumped and spiced up). Not in the vampish, oh-I-can-use-this-to-hurt-someone kind of way. Just innocent (ahem) curious sort of way. In fact, gossip more often than not, helps me wipe out the blues.

M : I am a bit of a devil's advocate...
as in... I love discussions... some take it as argument and stay away, but not me... in fact sometimes talk against my convictions, just to lead people into a discussion.... poor, unsuspecting souls, them people... no pity....



B&B : I love the nights. When most of the world is sleeping, I love waking my imagination up. Thoughts wake up feeling refreshed and I itch to type. In fact I do most of my typing in the dead of the night!

M : am otherwise quite a peace loving person, but i just blow my top off if someone talks to me in a derogatory way about india and indians... like we indians will never improve... in india what else do you expect... etc etc... i just feel like telling that person to go shoot himself up into space....


B&B : People often sing in the bathroom! I dance! (Stop imagining it!) I think it is the only moment I am assured nobody’s watching, so I play a little tune for me inside my head and groove to it under the shower!! No wonder I take ages in the bathroom!!

M :I love collecting books... all sorts of them... even though I might have read them beforehand... and even if I know I am not likely to read them ever... some books just catch my fancy and I purchase them... and as on date I have a collection of three hundred and seventy one of them...



B&B : I am possessive about Marvin! Well way toooooo possessive. I bristle every time I think that there exists someone amidst his friends, who could mean more to him than I. There are some of them I am comfortable with, but its like – he’s my best friend and I quite unwilling to share him with anybody. Unfair as it seems, there it is.

M: I love having raindrops hit my face... I know most people like getting drenched in rain... but I like raindrops to hit my face... a little bit of pain... a numbing sensation... and so much calm... in fact whenever I go out on a jog in the rains, I do so with my face turned upwards... for the same reason....

And now to tag some more:
Rain Girl
Crimson Feet
Mavron
d sinner
cinderella
and
Pri

Would love to know more about you guys, so please indulge!!

26 comments:

marvin the paranoid android said...

and if those who are tagged do not indulge beauty, well it will pay to remember that i have finally found my legendary sawed off shotgun...

me in love said...

@marvin...371!!!!!

now am soooooo jealous!!!! :|

me in love said...

@beauty - i dance in the bathroom too.. :P hehe but only coz thats the only place noone can watch me..

n muuah am possesive to abt alll my friends..that's pefectlyy ok..love the way u xplain everything..cute lil stuff...

Crimson Feet said...

lol @ marvin... although i was considering the idea already after reading this post (the reason of this tag makes sense to me.. knowing a little more about each other!), but the shotgun threat makes it a must do now! :)

i relate to the devil's advocate thing and beauty's first quirk is awesomely funny!!

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ marvin!!!

That is so sweet of you!!

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ me in love

Thank heavens!! I was beginning to feel a little weird, all by my own!!

*hugs*

You understand me so well!!

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ crimson feet

It is aint it??

Well since now I have Marvin here, with his shotgun and everything... cant wait for your post!! :P

ceedy said...

good to know smg more about you guys...liked the shotgun comment...

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ Ceedy

Hmm.. though you are not tagged per se.. would love to read more about you..

d SINNER!!! said...

@ marvin...

ah, that habit of using my mind a lil more everytime, making out funny thots in serious conversation has been a problem wth me...:P, naah, frankly i enjoy it...love rains..gud to know more abt u

@ B& B...

:) dance aha...and abt possessiveness--well, it adds all the spice...

Keshi said...

**:I can break into laughter in the middle of the most serious conversation

lol me too.

Keshi.

gunj said...

crazy ppl thr!!
gud one!!

Mavron said...

done !!!

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ d sinner

lol!! :D well nice knowing that little bit about you...

umm and about the dancing.. well yeah! Its the only place where I am beyond competition (the bathroom i.e.)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ Keshi!

you too!! :o ;)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ Gunj

We are nothing if not crazy!! :p

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ mavron

well done too!! Just been there...

g-man said...

@ marvin: woa, ^5!!!

"I can break into laughter in the middle of the most serious conversation... just because my mind thinks up something on a tangent which might be very funny to me... and most of the times, my imagination involves visualising something outrageously funny inspired by the serious words of the person in front..." is sooooo the way i am too :)

@ b&b: when a convo turns bad, i usually give people the finger and walk away :| i luv nights too. which is why i start studyin at around 10 pm, the day before the exam. stuff gets into my head then.

cool tag

Raghav said...

that was surreal, like talking to a schizo.
but fun.

Macadamia The Nut said...

LOL!!!!!
I quite enjoyed reading about 'both'(?) your quirks ;)

"I can break into laughter in the middle of the most serious conversation"
Can TOTALLY identify with this!! Lol!

"I thrive on gossip"
Heh heh heh! Finally a confession ;)

Beauty and the BEast said...

tommyandtuppence@ g- man

lol! welcome to the crazy gang then :)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ raghav

You know in a way it is!! Two sides of one personality... :P

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ macadamia the nut!!

lol!! So you do have something in common with BOTH of us!!

Ricky said...

Very interesting tag, tells a lot about you guys :-)

Khamakha said...

amazing... n cud so relate to the raindrops hitting the face bit...

Pollyannaish said...

guys..it was so much fun reading this post.....i was practically grinning ear to ear..
helped me to know both of my 2 very special frnds...lot more better :)