Friday, April 4, 2008

Good Morning!

Slumber sheds its lazy skin. The mind comes awake behind the lazy curtains of closed eyes. The body tingles as it acknowledges the warm caress of the morning rays. I snuggle deeper into the pillow, seeking its fluffy comfort. The gurgles of the birds float past my ears. A sigh escapes my parted lips; tender and unnoticed. A sigh of contentment.

The eyes still refuse to yield to the gentle nudges of an impatient mind. I lay awake on the bed, still asleep. The dreams linger just on the brink, reluctant to take their leave, but knowing that they must part for the day. The lashes entwined in their passionate embrace, whisper their lazy goodbyes.

As the last vestiges of sleep drag themselves away from me, I open my eyes to drink in the splendor of a glorious morning.

15 comments:

Khamakha said...

such a romantic description for a seemingly insignificant routine act...

marvin the paranoid android said...

with me it will be more like the cacophony of the alarm kicking me out of the bed in one violent motion and sending me on a race against the clock to be in the office on time... :P

Ricky said...

I don't think I have read a better description of waking up in the morning than this post.

Roshni said...

Good Morning Beautiful !! Well...i know am a wee bit late..uh !! ?? :D

Pranshu said...

It is a delight to go through each and every little post here. Its beautiful.

Keep writing.

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ Khamakha

it IS the romantic in me, who will find love everywhere... :P

@ marvin

lol!! I can almost picture that!! And believe me my imagination is serving me every bit of the way..
besides.. where IS the much promised update??

@ Ricky

Thanks!! Just think of it.. every morning so beautiful, must be worth waking up to na?

@Roshni

late?? Never!! You are always welcome.. even to drop in a good morning late in the afternoon :p

@ Pranshu

thanks!! Nice to see you finally here :)

marvin the paranoid android said...

coming up soon, dearie...

Solitaire said...

what a unique way of describing a common experience!!

me in love said...

yaar tum to na gazab likhti ho.. :)

me in love said...

oyee pranshu aaya tha.. :D

Crimson Feet said...

not surprising.. another lovely beautiful post...

but "me in love's" comment on this one is just too hilarious and cute! :)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ crimson feet

it was a warm and beautiful morning which inspired it :)

marvin the paranoid android said...

you are always inspired, beauty...

me in love said...

@crimson feet - awww i think i just liked you :P

Crimson Feet said...

@ me in love

aji aap samajhdar ho... aur hamne ishara kar diya ;)