Monday, March 3, 2008

In Retrospect!

When I am really stressed my mind wanders, of its own accord, down memory lane. The leaves fall gently upon memories long buried and rustle ever so gently, as I brush them aside to take a peek at something which makes me smile.

Like how I came to meet Tommy!

It was words, uttered by me appreciated by him, spoken by him and reflected upon by me, yes, it was words which bought us together. Words of an active mind, controlled by a passionate heart. Words which were a window to his soul. Words which told me more about him, than he would ever want me to know.

It was not so much of the past that we shared, it was always the present. It was always about how much laughter could a moment hold, it was always about bringing a smile. It was not so much about sharing grief, as much as it was about making newer and vibrant memories together. It was not so much about the voyage, it was more about sitting on the shore, with our feet buried in the sand, making the waves hum a jealous tune as our voices carried in their sound the peals of unadulterated joy.

I think its what makes the relation so special ... and sets it apart!

12 comments:

marvin the paranoid android said...

i remember someone's words as i think of you, beauty- the best friend i never had... hope you too remember them.

am overwhelmed!!!

*hugs*

Beauty and the BEast said...

*hugs*

I remember those words.. And I feel them true despite the time that has elapsed in between!!

marvin the paranoid android said...

well i guess i no longer can complain of never having a best friend...

me in love said...

aww this soo cute *tip-toes away*

Beauty and the BEast said...

@marvin - no you no longer can complain of an oddity like THAT.

@me in love: You are as welcome as you will always be.. so tip to back in :)

me in love said...

*hugs*

Beauty and the BEast said...

*hugs*

marvin the paranoid android said...

aww... so much of mush here...

Khamakha said...

here frm rain's blog..

jus wanted 2 say
am in love with the expressions here...specially in this post
(http://titzbitz.blogspot.com)

marvin the paranoid android said...

@ sonali..
welcome to the jungle... and i agree with you, the beauty does write beautifully...

Crimson Feet said...

guys... i feel like a peeping tom now!
But guess i'll continue peeping.

I am envious. I too was once captivated and imprisoned by words. I still think of those days wearing my brightest smile!

:)

Beauty and the BEast said...

@ crimson feet

Peep away all you like!!!

And hang on to those words... hidden there are some of the most beautiful expressions!