Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Homecoming...

It was almost surreal... It was as if nothing had changed, everything was the same.. As if I still belonged...

Coming back home was a great experience, and I was every bit as thrilled as I was when I came back home after my first term at NDA, my first stay away from home. There is something about the sligtly chilly air, the soothingly warm sunlight and the welcoming atmosphere of this place that I can never hope to find elsewhere..

And the fact that I was able to cap off a wonderful day with a long, unwinding conversation with Manish, a very good friend of mine, was just too good... We just talked.. about life, about girls, about dreams, about people, about the world, about his college and my unit... And sometimes, we kept silent... And let our thoughts talk...

If only time went by my watch... My dead watch...

5 comments:

me in love said...

lucky are those who feel at home when they are at home.. :) good for you, you deserved this "@ home" feeling

marvin the paranoid android said...

thank you.. thank you... *that funny look on my face which actors have when they recieve oscars*

Beauty and the BEast said...

Make the most of your stay!!

Enjoy every moment that you can be a kid and grown up all at the same time...

Unwind with your past...

And come back filled with smiles

marvin the paranoid android said...

oh that i surely will... that and that and all that... lol

Saibal Barman said...

It bares emotions in such a natural flow that I can't leave it unmarked by my thoughtprints....I adore it so much, writer !!
It reminds me of the letter I wrote to my son (in 2008 too)...
http://www.saibarman.blogspot.in/2008/06/homecoming.html
Regards,